Canon VIXIA HF G20 Camcorder Review
The VIXIA HF G20 features a Genuine Canon 10x HD Video Lens which offers a 35mm equivalent of 30.4–304mm. It delivers unsurpassed image quality, the versatility of a wide angle of view and smooth and professional-looking background images thanks to a sophisticated 8-blade iris. The professional touch of a dedicated manual focus ring allows accurate and precise control. Combined with Canon’s Exclusive HD CMOS Pro Image Sensor, it captures video with stunning resolution, superb low-light performance, and a wide dynamic range.
Price from $1058.00 to $1,099.00
The Canon VIXIA HF G20 is a perfect camera. It has many advantages, such as Good Battery Life, Good Low-Light Performance, Easy Computer Connectivity, Great Sound/Audio, Accurate, Vivid Colors, Compact Design, Excellent Image Quality, Durable, Good Software Compatibility, Ergonomic/Comfortable To Hold, Easy TV Connectivity, Easy To Use.
Bought Together,Price for all three: $1,210.77 | Canon VIXIA HF G20 HD Camcorder $1,099.00; Wasabi Power Battery (2-Pack) and Charger $44.99; SanDisk Extreme 64 GB SDXC Class 10 UHS-1 Flash Memory Card 45MB/s SDSDX-064G-X46 by SanDisk $66.78
*You will be redirected to Amazon.com & FREE Shipping.
Canon VIXIA HF G20 Camcorder Video Review
Canon VIXIA HF G20 Camcorder Expert Reviews
- “The HF G20 has a number of professional shooting functions as well. These include custom key and dial, composition aids and advanced control like manual exposure, aperture priority and shutter priority……”—by B&H photo video
- “The Canon VIXIA HF G20 camcorder is a little heavier than most every other camcorder we reviewed, but it has a 32GB internal memory and large LCD screen, features a lot of other HD camcorders lack……”—by TopTenReviews
- “The HF G20 builds on its predecessor’s strengths and makes subtle, small improvements. Unless you’re dead-set on shooting video with a DSLR, the HF G20 will fit the bill for anyone demanding high quality imaging coupled with a comprehensive array of manual controls……”—by Reviewed.com
Canon VIXIA HF G20 Camcorder Best Price
Canon VIXIA HF G20 Camcorder User Reviews
- “Fantastic camera! You won’t be disappointed!: Right out of the box, it seemed very solid and high quality which one should expect for the price. The new lens hood not only works better, but also looks a lot cooler. The touch tracking focus works great and is extremely useful. In low light this camera really is just amazing. It’s much better for that than any dslr I’ve used. The image stabilizer is very helpful. I have compared it to my dslr footage and it is MUCH more stable meaning you probably don’t need a shoulder rig. I just wish that the focus ring was not so hard to turn because some times i mess up the video when trying to turn it really far. The only advantage for me when shooting with a dslr is that you get manual zoom. But it’s still fine with this camera. Also, the battery that it comes with is very small, so I would recommend buying some extras. The off brand batteries will work great and it’s super cheap. But other than those two things, this camera is just perfect. If you aren’t super picky about audio than this is fine. But if your in a production business and need really good sound quality, you should look at the xa10.
I was a little hesitant to buy this because I thought it was going to have a deeper depth of field according to what I have read about camcorders in general. Someone also told me that camcorders don’t have a shallow depth of field. When I first took it for the test, i was quite surprised. The performance was really pretty good, so don’t be too worried about that if you like a shallow depth of field. Using manual focus is great and I can get a lot out of focus.
I don’t think that it’s weather proofed, but i have never had a problem and am never afraid to take it out in some snow which I do quite often. Like I said at the top, it is quite solid meaning it’s pretty heavy compared to the other camcorders i was looking at below $1500. So if you want to go skiing with it and put it in your pocket, it will weigh down your jacket. So bringing a backpack if your going skiing or for a hike is a good idea.
I love using dslr’s and were used to them. But now I can never come back to dslr’s. Using this camera is just so easy and simple. You can start shooting so quick. The start up time is pretty good, especially compared to dslr’s I’ve used. I know that some nikon’s have auto focus for video, but there is no comparison. The auto focus on this camcorder is lightning, and i never worry about it in low light. Also, most dslr’s that do auto focus during video is loud enough to ruin audio. And obviously, This is completely silent. And this makes the camera just that more simple and easy.
I am very happy with the camera so far. I have tried to upload some test video but it said that it wouldn’t except the format. So if you already have a g10, than it probably isn’t worth upgrading. But highly recommended and you will most likely be satisfied.”—by Oscar Wilde
- “A camera that gives really phenomenal results. :I recently bought the Canon VIXIA HF G20.
I am a musician and I needed a camera that could record in excellent HD quality and also allow me to record for a long period of time. Everyone was telling me to go with a DSLR camera,yea they are awesome but they still are primarily for taking pictures and for my long hours of High definition recording purposes in the video format those cameras would be a waste of money and not a smart move. So I was looking for a solution, A camera that could give me extremely great results like a DSLR and record for hours. In short this camera certainly does that,I have only scratched the surface with the camera
but it has given some excellent results. Once I make some new videos I’ll certainly be posting them. The first day I got the camera I recorded my brother covering a Johnny Cash track and I used the 70′s film effect to give the video an old school feel. I sent the video in to my final cut and my old settings were that the video should give me an output of 720 P,anyhow for my new videos I’ll change the out put to 1080P on my final cut to deliver the full quality. So I uploaded that video and the results were excellent,the built in camera even caught the sounds extremely well.
The build quality is excellent,and its very comfortable on the hands while it is being held. The touch screen has a great response,although at times your fingers can have a hard time in clicking on something you specifically want but that’s a very minor thing and it rarely happens. I would highly recommend that you get extra batteries for this camera,personally I bought the Wasabi Power Kit. This Wasabi Power kit includes 2 batteries and 1 charger for the Canon BP-827, the batteries are excellent and the charger is excellent too. These batteries are built well,they work properly and each battery gives you about 4-5 hours or more recording time in the highest video quality on the camera. The Wasabi power kit is also very easy on your pockets,my suggestion is do not waste cash on those Cannon Batteries, you’ll thank me later for recommending these to you.
The built in memory is excellent and you get two extra slots to place in your desired SD cards in each slot for more memory if required. The camera is also very user friendly the manual is presented and explained properly. You even have an option to connect an external mic in to the camera,Canon has some of its own mics that you can buy separately but you can also connect your own desired mics in to the camera. There is even a mini advanced shoe for the placement of the mic on top of the camera. In conclusion I highly recommend this video camera,this is a consumer based product that gives out an extremely professional video output. Canon have done an amazing job on this camera and I absolutely love it.
Where to Buy
If you are Canon VIXIA HF G20 Camcorder Users just add any comments here to share your User Reviews and Buying Tips.