Sony HDR-XR260V Camcorder
Get fantastic HD recording capabilities with the Sony Handycam HDR-XR260V video camera. Superior image quality is possible with this Sony Handycam camcorder that gives you a resolution of 1920×1080 pixels. The still images you click with this Sony Handycam camcorder are sharp and well defined with a resolution of 8.9 MP.
Plus, this Sony Handycam camcorder uses an Exmor R CMOS sensor to enhance color and contrast in the final image you receive. Additionally, this 160 GB Camcorder uses Optical SteadyShot image stabilization, an anti-shake technology that ensures that the recording is smooth and steady. Moreover, you can increase your vantage point on this black 160 GB Camcorder with 55x extended zoom. What’s more, you can view your photos and videos on the 3-inch screen of the Sony Handycam HDR-XR260V video camera.
Sony HDR-XR260V Camcorder Video of Unboxing
Main Features of Sony HDRXR260V Camcorder
- 1920×1080 Full HD 60p Recording w/8.9MP still image capture—The Sony HDRXR260V offers 1920 x 1080 high definition resolution letting you record your memories in exceptional Full High Definition quality.
- Up to 63 hours of recording with 160GB1 hard disk drive—A built-in 160GB1 hard disk drive can record and store up to 63 hours of high definition video footage (HD LP mode). In addition, “HDD Smart Protection” gives you peace of mind by helping to prevent any recorded video and images from being lost if the camcorder is accidentally dropped.
- Optical SteadyShot image stabilization w/ Active Mode—Optical SteadyShot image stabilization with Active Mode compensates for greater degrees of camera shake to deliver stunningly smooth video from wide angle to full telephoto shooting. In addition, innovative 3-Way Shake-Canceling adds electronic roll stability for even smoother video capture.
- Wide Angle G Lens to Capture More of What You Want—Experience the pinnacle of Sony lens technology with the professional-quality G Lens. Engineered for superior optical performance, Sony G lenses deliver brilliant, accurate color reproduction and sharp, amazingly detailed images. In addition, the 29.8mm focal length in Photo and Video Modes offers a broader perspective for enhanced wide angle shooting.
- Back-illuminated Exmor CMOS sensor for Superb Low-light Video—Experience stunning low-light sensitivity with improved image clarity and drastically reduced grain with Sony’s back-illuminated Exmor CMOS sensor.
- 55x Extended Zoom to get even closer to the action—Extended Zoom works in conjunction with 0x Optical / 55x Extended optical zoom to get even closer to the action while maintaining HD image quality.
- 3.0-inch touch-screen Clear Photo LCD Plus display (230K)—The 3.0-inch Clear Photo LCD Plus screen displays sharp, bright, vivid images, letting you compose a shot more easily — even outdoors, while enabling you to change settings to best represent the scene.
- Closer Voice(with Face Detection)—When the camcorder’s Face Detection technology identifies people in a scene, an Advanced Acoustic Processor automatically reduces background noise, resulting in recorded voices with outstanding clarity and intelligibility.
- Tracking Focus follows selected subjects in/out of the frame—Tracking Focus works as an extension of Face Detection to allow you to select an object with a touch of the LCD and have the focus follow the selected object, even if it leaves the frame and returns.
- 5.1ch Surround mic for Vivid and Dynamic Surround Sound—Dolby Digital 5.1 channel recording captures active sounds coming from all directions, so you can experience your home movies the way you experienced them while recording.
- Wind Noise Reduction for Clear Voice Recording—Wind Reduction reduces noise and interference that is produced when wind passes over the microphone, giving you a clearer and more enjoyable sound experience.
- Expanded Recording/Monitoring with Mic/Headphone Jack—Features dedicated mic and headphone inputs for expanded audio recording options and convenient monitoring of audio with headphones (external microphones and headphones sold separately).
- Event Browse Groups Photos/Videos for You for Easy Reference—Event Browse conveniently groups your images and videos together for easier viewing. The date range that Event Browse groups your pictures and videos is easily adjusted to suit your needs. When used with the Highlight Playback feature, making and sharing a highlight reel from your event is easy and fun.
- Highlight Playback Creates Movies with Transitions for You—Why spend hours editing your movies when you can let your camcorder do it for you? Highlight Playback identifies and compiles key scenes into a short, entertaining movie complete with music and transitions. You can even pinpoint the exact scene you want to include in the highlight reel.
- Clear Phase Stereo Speakers for True and Dynamic Sound—Bring your video alive with Clear Phase stereo speakers. Drawing on Sony’s high-end audio expertise, renown S-Master digital amplifier technology is utilized to produce more true-to-life sound.
- Geotagging with built-in GPS receiver & NAVTEQ® maps7—A built-in GPS receiver7 makes the HDR-XR260V an ideal choice for travelers. The receiver gives you the ability to view your current location on the LCD map display, as well as “tag” your shooting locations.
- Direct Copy to external HDD without PC13—Store your memories in a whole new way with the ability to copy videos from your camcorder directly to an external hard disk drive13 (sold separately), all without a computer. Your camcorder can also access videos stored on the external hard drive for playback on your HDTV4, allowing you to utilize the camcorder’s handy playback features.
- Built-in USB Cable for Easy File Transfer/Charge—The high-speed, built-in USB 2.0 cable allows for easy connection to your computer for charging or file transfer without having to remember separate cables. It also fits conveniently into the hand strap so it’s out of the way until you need it. Charging your camcorder is faster than ever now through the USB; for every two minutes of charge time you get one minute of recording time.
- Intelligent Auto (120 different scene combinations possible)—Intelligent Auto mode goes a step beyond traditional auto modes by analyzing your shot and then automatically selecting the appropriate settings from ten distinct scene modes and wind noise reduction. There are 120 different combinations possible: Landscape, Backlight, Twilight, Spotlight, Low light, Macro, Portait, Baby, Walk, Tripod, Wind Noise Reduction. The camcorder utilizes an advanced sound processor and sophisticated noise reduction algorithms to reduce wind noise by up to 10db compared to other models. In addition to reducing low frequency noise, iAuto also suppresses mid- and upper-frequency noise, resulting in clearer, more enjoyable sound.
- Golf Shot—Building on the slow-motion capture capabilities of Smooth Slow Record, Golf Shot captures a few seconds of motion as a sequence of up to 22 still images, which can be viewed/printed individually or as a composite “sequence shot” image, perfect for analyzing the nuances of a golf swing, tennis serve, and other fast action.
Want to buy Sony HDR-XR260V Camcorder, you can read more Sony HDR-XR260V Camcorder reviews for consideration!